Extended Campus-Student Guide
Students should be aware of all Testing Services Policies and Procedures relating to Extended Campus Exams.
Taking Exams On Campus
- Students who live within 30 miles of Carbondale will take their exams at Testing Services on the 7th floor of Morris Library.
- Students are responsible for knowing when their exams are due throughout the semester.
- It is the student's responsibility to schedule their exam on-campus in a timely manner. Testing Services does not allow same day walk-ins. Appointment times must be made at least 24 hours in advance of requested testing time. Please refer to the Scheduling an exam on Campus link for the Testing Lab Policies and Procedures.
- SIU does not allow children in the testing labs.
- If you are off-campus and need a proctor, please don't wait until the last minute! It takes us a few days to verify your proctor and send out the test materials to him or her. Please allow 5 full business days to get your exams materials sent to your proctor.
- It is the student's responsibility to find a proctor in their area in a timely manner. Please refer to the Finding a Proctor page for specific information regarding Policies and Forms for Proctors.
- Any student found submitting in false information about a proctor in the request form or found using someone outside of Testing Services Policies will be reassigned a proctor at our discretion. Reassignment will involve another testing center of our approval.
- All Proctor Approval Forms must be turned in by the first 4 weeks of a semester course, or at least 1 week before your exam deadline. Any proctor forms turned in less than a week before the deadline cannot guarantee a timely delivery of your exam.
- All Proctors are required to fill out a Proctor Approval Form and be verified by Testing Services staff before any exams will be sent to your proctor.
- A form is required for each class you need proctored.
- Passwords are never provided to students.