Standardized Nursing Exams
The entrance exam for the College of Nursing is the Evolve Reach Nursing Admission Assessment Exam (HESI). The exam is a computer-based test consisting of four modules: Math Skills, Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, and General Knowledge.
It is recommended that you complete the HESI A2 test well before you plan to submit your nursing application. In the event you do not achieve the required score, time for remediation and retesting is available.
HESI A2 Nursing Exam
|Test Day Information:||
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Can I prepare for the HESI A2?
- The HESI A2 study guide is available for purchase online.
- Do I have to take the HESI A2 on the computer?
- The Evolve Reach HESI A2 exam is available only on computer.
- Can I retest if I have not achieve the minimum scores?
- Students may retest after a 60 day waiting period. You may take the exam 2x during a 12 month period.
- Can I use my scores from another school?
- Scores from another school outside of SIU must be less than 2 years old and must be sent directly from that school to SIU. Hand-delivered results will not be accepted.
- Can you accommodate students with disabilities?
- Students requesting accommodations must first contact Disability Support Services.